You might have read the guidelines relating to biases, or probabilities, or motivation, and agreed with them, but they won’t stick just because you’ve passively read through them once. To make them stick you need to actively review them, and one good way of doing this is through the use of quizzes.
Doing these quizzes will help embed some of the key Common Sense guidelines into your brain in a way that makes them more readily available or even instinctive when the opportunity comes to apply them in real life.
Note that these quizzes and tests are not an ego trip. Don’t take them simply to prove to yourself you don’t need to take them because you know it all already. Some of it you may. Some of it you won’t. It is not about how good you are. It’s about your willingness to be open to improvement and learning and improving your instincts for ‘doing the right thing’.
Regularly repeat the tests, even if you know the answers. It helps embed them more firmly in your brain and helps make the advice more instinctive.
The list of quizzes and tests available here at About Common Sense are as listed and shortcutted below.
For many of the quizzes there are two versions. A version that appears at the end of the section covering a given topic. You can type in your answer and check whether or not you were right. And there is a version on a linked page which enables you to score yourself, if you have ActiveX enabled. This version also uses your ‘localstorage’ to hold a copy of your score and make it available the next time you access the quiz or on the quiz score summary page. To enable the scoring you will need DOM Storage enabled.
[Press here for Quiz Score Summary Page]
The World Around Us
- Interesting Facts [Scoring Version]
- A Summary History of the World: Quiz 1 [Scoring Version]; Quiz 2 [Scoring Version]; Quiz 3 [Scoring Version]
- Cognitive Biases
- Cognitive Biases -> Name that Bias [Scoring Version]
- Cognitive Biases -> Choose a Definition [Scoring Version]
- Cognitive Biases -> The Clue is in the Name [Scoring Version]
- Cognitive Biases -> Matching Names to Definitions [Scoring Version]
- Cognitive Biases -> Attribution Bias [Scoring Version]
- Cognitive Biases -> Base Rate Bias
- Cognitive Biases -> Quiz and Test Yourself Sites
- Deciding What to Believe [Scoring Version]
The People Around Us
- How People Think [Scoring Version]
- Interacting with Others [Scoring Version]
- Effective Communication [Scoring Version]
- Small Talk and Conversing [Scoring Version]
- How the Brain Works [Scoring Version]
- Exercise, Diet & Living Habits [Scoring Version]
- Self-Motivation / Willpower [Scoring Version]
- Focus and Concentration [Scoring Version]
- Memory [Scoring Version]
- Creativity [Scoring Version]
- Clear Thinking [Scoring Version]
- Appreciate Being Alive [Scoring Version]
Improve your Life Skills